This policy was last updated on 30 July 2012
Most of all, I value your privacy. When you subscribe to my receive information from me you can rest assured I do not sell, loan, or give your email address or other personal and financial information to anybody.
What are cookies?
These are small pieces of information stored on your computer and are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task;
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested;
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast;
- analysing anonymised data to help understand how people interact with the site so we can make it better.
On this site I use:
- Session cookies: which remember you for the length of a visit to the site – for example, making sure you don’t have to enter the same details on every page repeatedly;
- Settings cookies: which remember any settings you set on the site. For example, if you leave a comment on my site it remembers your name and email address so you don’t have to enter it again the next time. Social sharing buttons such as Facebook Like buttons or Tweet buttons use similar cookies to remember what you have already liked.
If you are not comfortable with this information being stored in cookies, please do not use this site.
You can find out more about cookies and how to remove them from your browser at About Cookies: how to control cookies.
Collection of Your Personal Information
I pledge to hold all information you provide to me in privacy.
I will never sell or rent your name or personal information to any third party without your express permission.
I never sell or rent my mailing list.
I am the only person who may access your information.
Use of Your Personal Information
If you subscribe to receive information from me, your contact details (email address) are used to send it to you. On occasion, I make special offers to my subscribers. These are mainly for my own services, but may include offers for third parties. I alone send out the emails, to ensure the third parties do not have access to your information. However, all recipients may opt-out of receiving future information when so wished, and are given opportunity to opt-out of these emails at the bottom of each communication.
I may also use personal information in a manner that does not identify you specifically nor allow you to be contacted but does identify certain criteria about my website users in general. For example, I may tell third parties about the number of registered users, number of unique visitors, and the pages most often browsed. Any information I share will be on a purely aggregate basis, not tied at all to users’ individual site activity.
Aside from these uses of user information, I do not sell, nor plan to sell any user information to anyone.
I take all reasonable measures to protect and secure the information you provide to me. Any financial information you enter on-line such as your credit card number, etc. will be encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology. If you are using Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer you can tell the technology is working when you see the lock icon at the bottom of your browser. Protection of your information is important to me.
Protection of Children’s Personal Information
My site has a general audience site and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children. While my website may be viewed by children, I do not wish to receive data from children. I encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to take part in the interactive activities offered on the sites their children visit. No information should be submitted to, or posted at, my web site by visitors under 18 years old without the consent of their parent or guardian.
Links to Third Party Sites