I loved the way this workshop was interactive, practical, and helped me to think about my career and development.
Scientific Officer, UNESCO
Feeling fulfilled is important to motivation, productivity, and job satisfaction. And yet, many of us spend more time planning our next vacation than we do thinking about our future at work. The idea that employees should take ownership of their own professional development has been around for some time. But they can’t do it alone. Employees need the tools to own their own careers. And they need support from their manager and the organisation. The Career Compass Workshop helps people take ownership of their career development. It gives them tools to prepare for a career conversation, so they can get the support they need.
Helping employees develop their careers within your organisation
The Career Compass Workshop will help:
- Gain clarity on what they do and don’t want to change in their current role
- Develop greater insight into their strengths and the strategies that have helped them make progress in your career to date
- Remind themselves of all the resources available to make progress
- Think through what success looks like
- Be creative about the possible options available
- Adopt a practical approach to development planning
- Identify specific actions they can take to move forward
The duration of the workshop is 6 hours. We can deliver in person or online via technology.
Participants receive individual coaching and telephone/email support for the duration of the programme. Typically, we limit face to face sessions to 12 participants to ensure we meet individual needs.
Participants will take home their own Career Compass Workbook and Guidelines. And they’ll have access to supplementary resources to prepare for career conversations with their manager.
Participants will learn:
- Why employees need to take ownership for developing your career
- 10 strategies and tools for growth and development
- How to use the Career Compass tools
- How to prepare for career conversations with managers and others
- How to build a strategic network to ensure ongoing support
We can deliver all our Programmes in-person or in a range of online formats.
Institute of Leadership and Management Approved Programmes
Book a Discovery Call
Your journey starts with a confidential 45-minute informal Discovery Call to discuss your career management needs and priorities. View available times and book your 45-minute slot now.
Or if you prefer you can contact us using the form below and we’ll come back to you by email within 48 hours. Either way there won’t be any pressure to work with us. This will just be a call to discuss what you’re interested in, share some insights and ideas, and review some options.