Mentoring for Success Programme
Gain practical tools and techniques to empower and motivate your mentees.
We’ve had some very senior figures, from managing directors through to middle management, attend the Programme and it has been brilliant.
New mentors typically face three key challenges – (1) They are not sure how to begin a mentoring conversation or how to structure the discussion; (2) They don’t know what questions to ask or how to motivate and empower others to take ownership for their own development; (3) Mentoring requires a new approach to conversation of which they have limited experience. Our Mentoring for Success Programme addresses all three challenges. It provides them with a framework, tools and techniques to structure a powerful mentoring conversation. Through experiential learning and practice they will gain experience and build their confidence. A supportive environment allows them to explore how they will apply their new skills back in the workplace.
What is the Mentoring for Success Programme?
A practical interactive training programme for new mentors.
What are the benefits?
As a result of the programme, mentors will:
- Build the confidence to engage with the mentoring process.
- Gain practical tools and skills to hold effective mentoring conversations.
- Develop productive relationships with their mentees.
What do we cover?
- Mentoring Mastery – Develop a picture of a “master” mentor.
- Building on what you know already. Identify what you already know about how to do great mentoring and what you need from the workshop to make progress.
- The mentoring relationship – key stages and the mentor’s role in helping it develop and progress.
- How to prepare for and hold mentoring conversations.
- The benefits of a solution-focussed approach.
- Mentoring Toolkit – A structured toolkit for mentoring conversations
- Mentoring practice sessions – Gain greater confidence in how to use the tools individually and together by practicing using the tools.
Who is it best for?
The Programme will benefit anyone who wishes to develop their mentoring skills. That may be as part of their leadership style or to take part in a formal mentoring programme.
How does it work?
The programme can be delivered as a one-day, in-person workshop, or online. Options include a blended online learning programme or two half-day live online sessions.
Programme Delivery Formats
We can deliver all our Programmes in-person or in a range of online formats.
Institute of Leadership and Management Approved Programmes
Book a Discovery Call
Your journey starts with a confidential 45-minute informal Discovery Call to discuss your mentoring needs and priorities. View available times and book your 45-minute slot now.
Or if you prefer you can contact us using the form below and we’ll come back to you by email within 48 hours. Either way there won’t be any pressure to work with us. This will just be a call to discuss what you’re interested in, share some insights and ideas, and review some options.
Alternatively, call us on 07957 604783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org