Thursday 23rd February 2023 16:00 UK
Office politics. Egos. Challenging economic times. No wonder both managers and employees can find it hard to talk about career development. We all know it’s good to talk.
But let’s face it. Opening up a sensitive issue like career progression can weigh heavily on even the most experienced shoulders. Where should you start? What questions should you ask? How do you help employees develop their careers? How do you deal with some of the dilemmas that might come up?
Confident Career Conversations will give you the practical tools and skills you need.
In this practical and interactive session, we will explore the importance of career conversations and how to hold them so they engage and empower employees.
As a result of attending this session, participants will:
Understand the importance of career conversations
Know what makes a career conversation effective
Gain an overview of the Career Conversation Toolkit which allows mentors, coaches and managers to:
- Have a meaningful career conversation in only 20 minutes without any complex process or paperwork.
- Help employees feel more positive and satisfied with their current role no matter what their ambitions.
- Encourage employees to identify development opportunities and take steps that will help them and the organisation.
- Have conversations that make employees want to stay with the organisation rather than go elsewhere.
- Have a flexible approach which means employees take ownership for their career development and don’t look to their managers to have all the answers.
- Managers who want to engage and develop their employees
- Coaches who want to support coachees with career challenges
- Mentors who want to support mentees to develop their careers
- HR professionals who want to create a culture of career development in their organisation
Download your free copy of "It’s Good to Talk"
An Exclusive eBook for Managers, Mentors and Coaches
Engage, Retain and Develop Employees Through Career Conversations