Tuesday 22nd February 16:00
Thursday 24th February 10:00
Office politics. Egos. Challenging economic times. No wonder both managers and employees can find it hard to talk about career development. We all know it’s good to talk.
But let’s face it. Opening up a sensitive issue like career progression can weigh heavily on even the most experienced shoulders. Where should you start? What questions should you ask? How do you help employees develop their careers? How do you deal with some of the dilemmas that might come up?
Confident Career Conversations will give you the practical tools and skills you need.
In this practical and interactive session, we will explore the importance of career conversations and how to hold them so they engage and empower employees.
As a result of attending this session, participants will:
• Have a meaningful career conversation in only 20 minutes without any complex process or paperwork.
• Help employees feel more positive and satisfied with their current role no matter what their ambitions.
• Encourage employees to identify development opportunities and take steps that will help them and the organisation.
• Have conversations that make employees want to stay with the organisation rather than go elsewhere.
• Have a flexible approach which means employees take ownership for their career development and don’t look to their managers to have all the answers.
Each participant will receive a free eBook “It’s Good to Talk. A Practical Guide to Career Conversations in the Workplace.”
“Very helpful, straight forward toolkit – enabled rich conversations and succinct discussions!”
“The workshop reinforced to me that career conversations are not linear. The toolkit gives opportunity for further exploration and opportunities.”
“Great to be reminded of the power of small steps – not big leaps!”
“The toolkit worked well for 3 different people at different places in their careers.”
“I had some fabulous conversations about a career issue. Thank you!”
This session will be facilitated by Antoinette Oglethorpe, an award-winning speaker, bestselling author, consultant and coach. Her company specialises in career management and mentoring. Their mission is to help their clients, colleagues and participants fulfil their potential for improved productivity and performance.
Note: The webinar is free and we expect to be oversubscribed. Places are limited, so if you are unable to attend, we would appreciate it if you could let us know.