Making the Most of Mentoring Programme
Develop the knowledge and skills to get the best out of your mentor and the mentoring relationship
Helped me realise the importance of the mentee preparing for meetings and driving the relationship
Participant, British Gypsum
A successful mentoring relationship relies on both mentor and mentee to make it work. Mentees need to take ownership of their career development for mentoring to be successful. Our Making the Most of Mentoring Programme provides mentees with an understanding of mentoring. It gives them practical tools and techniques to develop their careers and drive the mentoring relationship.
What is the Making the Most of Mentoring Programme?
What are the benefits?
As a result of the programme, mentees will:
- Have the self-awareness they need to take ownership of their development
- Understand the importance of mentoring to their professional and career development
- Know what to expect from a mentoring relationship
- Have practical tools and techniques to help them prepare for mentoring discussions
What do we cover?
- 5 Reasons You Need to Take Ownership of Your Career
- Ambition – Getting to know the REAL you
- Analysing what you will need to make progress
- Identifying the key people you need to influence
- Using mentors to support you
- Mentee role and responsibilities
- The mentoring relationship – key stages and the mentee’s role in helping it develop and progress
- How to prepare for your mentoring conversations
- Tips on getting the best from your mentor
- Practice mentoring conversations. Become familiar with how to make the most of a mentor by practising conversations with each other
- Your 3-day challenge. What can you do immediately to put these ideas into practice?
Who is it best for?
How does it work?
The programme can be delivered as a one-day, in-person workshop, or online. Options include a blended online learning programme or two half-day live online sessions.
Programme Delivery Formats
We can deliver all our Programmes in-person or in a range of online formats.
Institute of Leadership and Management Approved Programmes
Book a Discovery Call
Your journey starts with a confidential 45-minute informal Discovery Call to discuss your mentoring needs and priorities. View available times and book your 45-minute slot now.
Or if you prefer you can contact us using the form below and we’ll come back to you by email within 48 hours. Either way there won’t be any pressure to work with us. This will just be a call to discuss what you’re interested in, share some insights and ideas, and review some options.
Alternatively, call us on 07957 604783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org