Antoinette Oglethorpe talks to the Association of Coaching Supervisors about Coaching to Develop Talent and the Implications for Supervision
On Monday 9th March 2015, I had the pleasure of taking part In this practical and interactive session about coaching to develop talent. The tele-forum was hosted by Jacqui Hazell for the Association of Coaching Supervisors. Thanks also to Peter Welch for the invitation.
We had a very interesting discussion and exchange of ideas around the role of coaching to develop talent within organisations. We then went on to explore what that means for supervision.
Points of discussion included:
- Why Talent Management often doesn’t work
- The dangers of talent management with focus only on the organisation and not employees
- The coaching strategies that can help you make the connection between a top-down approach to talent management and a bottom-up approach to career development
- How to build a business case for coaching to develop talent
- The implications for supervision
The Association of Coaching Supervisors is a not-for-profit association dedicated to promoting the understanding and use of coaching supervision among coaches, mentors and organisations.
Find a qualified supervisor and information on how to sustain your CPD at http://www.associationofcoachingsupervisors.com