02 Oct Leadership Development Quotes. 13 Ways to Inspire The Leaders of Tomorrow
Inspiring others is a key part of developing the leaders of tomorrow. In this post, I’ve put together some of my favourite leadership development quotes that inspire me and I hope will inspire you and others..
Quotes condense learning and experience into memorable bite-sized sentences. Quotes are also a great way of summing up learning and experience in a way that inspires others. By themselves, they’re nothing. But add their context, and they’re reminders for what you can’t remember.
Mostly, they come from other people. And while it’s important to learn from personal experience, it’s also valuable to learn from other people’s experience – especially reflective and intelligent people who have interesting and inspiring things to say. Quotes provide an easy way for us to do that.
Leadership Development Quotes
- “The single biggest way to impact an organisation is to focus on Leadership Development” – John C. Maxwell
2. “There is almost no limit to the potential of an organisation that recruits good people, raises them up as leaders and continually develops them.” – John C. Maxwell
3. “I’ll bet most of the companies that are in life-or-death battles got into that kind of trouble because they didn’t pay enough attention to developing their leaders.” – Wayne Calloway
4. “Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.” – Peter F. Tucker
5. “The Best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
6. “To add value to others, one must first value others.” – John C. Maxwell
7. “Contrary to the opinion of many people, leaders are not born. Leaders are made, and they are made by effort and hard work.” Vince Lombardi
8. “It’s not faith in technology, it’s faith in people” – Steve Jobs
9. “Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions.” – Harold S. Geneen
10. “I want to make sure there is no discrepancy between what we say and what we do. If you preach accountability and then promote someone with bad results, it doesn’t work.” – Carlos Ghosn
11. “How do you know you have won? When energy is coming the other way and when your people are visibly growing individually and as a group.” – Sir John Harvey-Jones
12. “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” – Warren G. Bennis
13. “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” – John C. Maxwell
Which one of these inspired you the most? Share your favourite in the comments below.
Enjoyed this post? You may also like our free eBook LEADER – Exclusive eBook for CEOs, leaders and HR professionals. In it, you’ll discover six simple strategies for developing leadership talent.
If you’re a fast growing high-tech business, you face unique challenges in retaining and developing leaders who can keep up with and drive the growth of the business to ensure long term success. Antoinette’s book, Grow Your Geeks – A Handbook for developing leaders in high-tech organisations answers those questions. Download a free chapter or buy at Amazon or Audible